Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hitchhikers

I am heading to Milwaukee during the last weekend of February for an Irish set dance weekend. In addition to some dancing, I am also planning on hunting down some letterboxes during the breaks so if you have hitchhiker or two ready to go, you may want to let me know or simply drop it off at the Mid-Mo Bed & Breakfast Hitchhiker Hostel which I will check before I go. (For those of you who found it early on, you may like to know that it has been moved from its original location--it is no longer in the valley and is easier to get to, though I hear that it may be frozen in place at times). I have a conference to attend in ST. Louis earlier that week so I'll be leaving town on Tuesday, Feb. 20th. If you have a Hitchhiker that would like to head north, drop if off at the Hostel, and I will see what I can do. Likewise, if anyone is planning trips out of town, let me know, and I may send one with you.
And speaking of dance, there's an Irish ceili this Friday (Feb. 9) and a contradance the following Friday (Feb. 16), both in Columbia. PERSONAL-ly, if you do your research, you've got another shot at a TRAVEL, er, dance-related stamp. And it's loads of fun!
--Fox-fyr

1 comment:

ahistory said...

I am heading to Washington D.C. for a conference on Saturday. I hope to attempt a few boxes out there if I have time.
Drop me an email and drop off a HH at the hostel and I'll see what I can do. I live right by the hostel so I can stop by on my way out of town.