Thursday, March 01, 2007

Need supplies?

If anybody needs carving medium for the explosion of Spring boxes I'm sure folks are planning, I'm headed to St Louis both this weekend and next for training. I need to pick up a few things so I'm going to try and hit up Dick Blick for supplies. They sell the "grey stuff", I think its officially called Soft-Kut. If anyone would like a block of it I would be more than happy to pick it up. I think it runs about $4 for a 6" X 12", $5 for a 9" X 12" and $8 for a 12" X 18"sheet...a huge bargain compared to other materials! Send me an e-mail or post a reply if you want some.

5 comments:

Monkey Mom said...

Where is the Dick Blick store? I go to St Louis EVERY weekend and might have to stop by and check out the goodies! I guess I could just google it but I'd rather talk to friends! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

If you do have the chance to stop by Blick's, we could use a 5x12 piece. Thanks.

ahistory said...

I can definitely use some of that grey stuff for sure. I sent you an email through LBNA, but LBNA is acting very funny tonight and it gave me a lot of exceeded disk warning messages, but it said the email was sent. If you don't get it let me know, and I will email you when I am able to get up to my normal computer. I am in bed with a nasty case of the flu and using an old notebook pc which I don't have configured for email. Thanks.

Fox-fyr said...

I stopped at Dick Blick in both ST. Louis and Iowa City, IA at the end of February and bought out the entire stock-on-hand of the gray "Soft-Kut" 9x12 and 12x18. While I am sure they have since acquired more, if OMGB comes back empty-handed, let me know. I bought extra expecting to be able to re-sell it at cost in Columbia for those that wanted some. If you want less than 9x12 I'd be happy to cut off a chunk for you. Send me an e-mail at difoxfire@hotmail.com and we can discuss.

FYI, to get to the Dick Blick store in St.Louis, take US 40/61 to the Hanley St. exit (by Trader Joes). Head north about a mile to Maryland and turn left. Go a few blocks until you see Dick Blick on the right in a building that looks like a house. Parking is available on the street or behind the store. It's a fairly small store so if you want something specific, you may wish to call ahead.

Monkey Mom said...

Thanks for the info. I usually travel down 40.